The Management Employees Pension Plan (MEPP) offers some very attractive features, including early retirement, generous pension partner protection provisions and a guaranteed 60 per cent Cost-of-Living Adjustment for pensioners.
Established in 1972, the Management Employees Pension Plan (MEPP) is for managers within the Alberta provincial public service, approved agencies, boards and commissions.
We want you to understand exactly how your pension works. Everything you need to know about your MEPP pension is here, whether you are a new member, a mid-career member or a soon-to-be retired member.
For Randy James, MEPP means more freedom to pursue his retirement goals. As a 30 plus year employee of the Government of Alberta, Randy appreciates the certainty offered in a defined benefit plan. "I know what my base salary (pension) is and what is required beyond that to live the lifestyle we want to live."
Top 5 Forms
- Designation of Beneficiary(ies) (2)
- Pension Partner Information Form (5)
- Declaration of Pension Partner Status Form (36)
- T2033 Canada Revenue Agency Form
- Retirement Application Form (21) (If you are currently employed by a MEPP employer, you should talk to your employer to complete this form.)
Top 5 Questions
- When can I retire?
- What are my options if I leave the Plan before I reach age 55?
- Does MEPP have transfer agreements with other pension plans?
- How much do I contribute?
- If I change jobs, can I transfer my pension to my new employer's plan?