PensionEase is a feature of your Plan that provides the option to complete your retirement application online. PensionEase is a secure, online tool that will take you through the retirement application process, and it can be accessed by logging in to Your Pension Profile.
Features of PensionEase:
- Less paper to manage;
- Electronic forms, all found in one place;
- Ability to upload required documents;
- Document centre that indicates the status of your documents; and
- Reduced transit and turnaround time.
You still have the option to send your retirement application through regular mail, but retiring online through PensionEase might be the right tool if you:
- Are eligible to retire in MEPP;
- Have access to a desktop or laptop computer;
- Have access to a printer, scanner and/or smart phone for copying documents to upload; and
- Are no more than 90 days from retirement.
You may not be able to complete your retirement application using PensionEase if you:
- Are applying for a disability pension;
- Have a change in marital status; or
- Are dividing your pension due to divorce or separation.
How to Access PensionEase
Access PensionEase by logging in to Your Pension Profile and finding “PensionEase Retirement Application” in the drop-down menu. If you do not have a Your Pension Profile account you will have to create one.
When Should You Start Your PensionEase Application
PensionEase follows the same retirement steps as retiring through a printed and mailed application, except that it is completed and managed online. As with a mailed application, we recommend submitting your application through PensionEase three months before your selected retirement date to allow enough time to complete the retirement process. When selecting your retirement date in PensionEase, the tool will only allow you to select a date that is no more than 90 days into the future.
Where to Find More Information About PensionEase
You can find more information about PensionEase by logging in to Your Pension Profile. You can also contact Member Services if you have further questions about the tool.
Experiencing Issues Using PensionEase?
If you are experiencing difficulties using PensionEase, please contact Member Services at 1-877-889-MEPP (6377).